Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Drive By Truckers at Tarrytown Music Hall

This Friday the 4th (tomorrow), the Tarrytown Music Hall will be presenting the Drive By Truckers in concert. DBT is a great roots rock band that focuses on the quotidian (love that word!) concerns of everyday people. You know, stuff like hating your job, crystal meth addiction, divorce, and unemployment, to name just a few.

I know, I know, you're saying to yourself. "Westchester Live?!? WTF!!! You must be crazy if you think I want to see that!! I've got enough of that in my own life!!!!"

Well, yeah, sure, but your life isn't set to tuneful, hook driven rock that reminds Westchester Live of a cross between Springsteen, Neil Young, and Lynyrd Skynyrd (at their glorious pre-crash heyday). So take that money you'd blow on blow and head down to the Music Hall.

Here's "That Fucking Job" from their latest album The Big To-Do as performed live on Letterman (yeah, I was wondering about that too…)

No comments:

Post a Comment